Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Player Affiliation

Right now while we're getting into the swing of NHL 13, we've found some missed affiliations. While we've gone to try and edit these affiliations in the 'Edit Player' option, we've found out that we are actually restricted to player movement, which will pose a HUGE issue. HOWEVER, we've found a work around.


1. take said player and move them to the corresponding AHL affiliate, then choose the team affiliation. 
2. trade the player back to their team (even 18 year old CHLers work in this)

there are a handful of guys who turn up in GM mode free agency who belong to teams.

Ludvig Bystrom - DALLAS - Modo (ELI)
John Westin - MONTREAL - Modo (ELI) Westin's rights were relinquished by the Canadiens. He is now a Free Agent.
T. Teravainen - CHICAGO - Jokerit (SML)
Joel Armia - BUFFALO - Assat (SML)
Johan Gustafsson - MINNESOTA - Lulea (ELI)
Henrik Tommernes - VANCOUVER - Frolunda (ELI)


Ludvid Rensfeldt (SARNIA) shows up as a draft prospect too but he can be moved to his team - CHICAGO so his rights are for the proper team. Correction: Rensfeldt's rights were relinquished by Chicago. He is considered a Free Agent now.

more to come!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

EA also decided it would be a good idea to block the option to change which hand a player shoots/catches with, and then went out of their way get the wrong glove hand for MANY goalies. Hope they fix this, because it is very annoying.

Anonymous said...

I only gave this a quick look, but has anyone found a way to change a player's contract information? It appeared to be grayed out in the "edit player" screen, and I want to add in the new resignings of Séguin, Scrivens, Marchard, etc.

The Howards said...

Gregg Sutch, Steve Shipley, and Cedrick Henley are no longer Buffalo Sabres. They were not signed and their rights were relinquished.

PetrPuck said...

Thanks for the heads up TH. I was going to double check everyone in the CHL as I updated them so there will surely be some more to add from other teams!

Unknown said...

Yea I figured a few passes would be required for this volume of corrections just trying to help in my small part. FYI, I was playing a Be a GM and there r tons of 2012 draft picks that EA screwed up. I was just trying to get the Sabs correct so I could start my season but I underestimated how bad the rosters are. EA should be ashamed, at least get the most recent draft class right, jeesh!

Unknown said...

I can't get this players' affiliation workaround to work. I take the player (Armia) from his team and move him to Rochester in the Roster Management screen. I pick "Buffalo Sabres." Then I trade him back. Go into Be A GM and he's still a free agent? Does that really work for any of you guys?